Saturday, August 16, 2014

Wedding Spanx Knockoffs: Where to Get Them in NJ?



This is not a girdle. Because frankly,
who wants to see a pic of a girdle!?
On the day of your nuptials, you want everything to look streamlined under that bridal gown. That's why it might be a wise move to invest in some girdle-like undergarments to hold everything in place.

I myself found a very nice Spanx-alternative at JC Penny. You can find the link to their JCPenney Shapewear right here for your online perusal... however, I must warn that the in-store selection may be different than what you see there.

After checking out the tummy tuckers, lady lifters and fanny firmers on that page, you may decide as I did that all the functional lingerie probably isn't what your hubby had in mind for the wedding night shenanigans, err, romantic discoveries. Imagine him unwrapping you like the best wedding present of the night only to lay eyes on those Spanx... yikes.

Well... don't worry. If you think about it, you'll probably be a little sweaty after all that dancing and eating. So maybe it's a good idea to disappear into the little girls' room post-wedding, peel off the girdle, shower up, and then slither into something more feminine and sexy.

You can find a nice selection of bridal lingerie on this page of the JC Penney website.

One more Spanx tip while I'm thinking about it. I opted for the one-piece spanx where the bra is attached. This is an excellent option... however, mine was like a slip in that it didn't have legs or a crotch panel... it was just a very tight, stretchy "underdress."

In hindsight (ha ha!) I would not go with this option again. My garment kept riding up all night, and I had to keep yanking it down when I thought no one was looking. (But if you're the bride, of course, everyone is looking!)

Anyway, if you have a recommendation on Spanx or a Spanx-like undergarment, feel free to share it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment