Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pocono Resort Wedding – Great, Affordable Idea for a Frugal NJ Bride



Photo of Erhardt's Waterfront Resort, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Courtesy of Amanda Meyer Photography
I attended a wedding last year for a NJ bride and groom who opted to get married in the Poconos. Their wedding venue of choice was all-inclusive, offering a ceremony and reception on the premises, open bar, catered food and music provided by the venue, and best of all, guests got to stay over in their on-site lodging. Or, at least I'm pretty sure that's what their wedding package was. The music was a DJ, so I assume that they didn't have to bring it in. But I could be wrong about that – best to check.

Anyway, this particular Pocono resort was located in Hawley, PA, although the name escapes me and nothing in my Google research is ringing a bell, either. Something with the word "Lodge" but I can't seem to remember the rest.

It took us about an hour and a half drive to get there from NJ, which I felt was reasonable and actually kind of a sweet little getaway. The place reminded me of "Kellerman's" from Dirty Dancing... kind of a humble and cozy feel, in a peaceful mountain setting, but also with the full amenities: comfortable rooms, swimming pool, shuffleboard, tennis, beautiful views and great food.

All in all, it was a great wedding weekend, and I suspect, considerably less pricey than some of the gargantuan NJ weddings you've probably attended.

To get a look at the choices for a Pocono Wedding that's close enough for your NJ, NY and PA guests to enjoy a mini weekend getaway, visit this link.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are referring to The Ledges in Hawley Pa,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't sound familiar, but thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete