Monday, September 29, 2014

Learn Calligraphy, Do Your Own Wedding Envelopes

Image copyright
CalligraphybyCatherine.com
I found a NJ calligrapher who does an absolutely amazing job hand-lettering wedding invitations, envelopes, table cards, and of course all kinds of beautiful things for various occasions. Her business is  Calligraphy by Catherine, and just looking at her fine work brings me oodles of happiness!

As a budget-conscious NJ bride, you may not feel that an investment in hand-written wedding invitations is a wise choice, preferring to print them yourself.

But what about adding a special touch to the address envelopes? 

I for one am about the beginner level of calligraphy talent. So, I put my burgeoning talent to use, and tried my hand at penning my own wedding envelopes and table cards. I thought they came out pretty well, considering that prior to this, I hadn't actually done any calligraphy in years!

The talented artist who owns Calligraphy by Catherine offers a more economical option that may be of interest to the frugal bride crowd. She teaches private, beginner calligraphy classes in her home in Frenchtown, NJ for $50 per hour. For an additional $10 per hour she will travel to your NJ home. Even more budget-friendly: her group classes run from about $12 to $16 per hour depending on the cost of materials.

Check this page of her website for class scheduling and other information.

No comments:

Post a Comment