Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Average Cost of NJ Wedding

Pic courtesy Huffington Post
So, I was doing a little online research trying to find out what the average bride and groom shell out for their entire wedding. I quickly came upon this article from RealSimple.com.

Frankly, I was shocked and appalled. After reading, I did a quick comparison of what we spent on all aspects of our wedding, from attire to honeymoon (or lack of, ha ha) -- and we were far under their supposed budget. Unless I did the mental math wrong, it looks like the lowest numbers on their wedding day expense list still, when totaled, reached close to $70,000.00.

That is unbelievable! And the fact that this is what sets the bar for what so many young and naive brides expect they (or their parents) should be spending is really kind of sad.

I was never one to follow the herd, and if you're not either then it will be completely satisfying for you to say that you spent less than a quarter of the going rate for weddings in NJ.

If you're truly interested in doing that, then I recommend you read this blog and pay close attention to what I'm saying.

You might find some really practical and sound advice here on how to budget your wedding in a way that sets you up nicely for a little nest egg that can count toward your mutual life together.

Anyway - that scary wedding expenses article again!

1 comment: