Monday, September 26, 2016

What's the one thing you spent money on for your wedding that you'd take back if you could?

Pic courtesy Classicfm.com


We asked some married ladies this question as fodder for the blog. Here's what they had to say about wedding expense regrets!

"Disposable cameras on all the tables. We have many, many duplicate amateur pics of our professional ones." - Maribeth Baker, Pennsylvania

 (Ah, yes, 90s brides will remember those disposable cameras well! How many pictures do you think are out there of wedding guests partying in sunglasses and leis?)

"Everything! I love the couples I officiate for who have small, low or no-cost weddings. If I were young and getting married today, I would take whatever might be budgeted for a wedding and make a down payment on a piece of property." - Amy Jo Garner

(Hear, hear! NJ Wedding on a Budget approves of this wise statement!)

"I wouldn't bother with the videographer or hire a better one then the one I had. 3 hours of my father in law having a great time. I just need a highlight reel. Ceremony, speeches, first dance, dance with parents, comments from the tables." - K. Wilder-Bichler, Fair Lawn, NJ

"First time? Everything and it wasn't a big wedding. Second time nothing. It was perfect. I wish we had had more money. I wanted a hearse to drive us!" - B. Bossons, Pennsylvania

"Getting my hair done by a place I wasn't familiar with. We got married in Vegas at the Venetian and one price covered photos, minstral, location, flowers. We then had the reception at a separate site. The only thing I regretted was that my hair really didn't come out the way I would have liked and the same place talked me into getting my eyebrows waxed the SAME day as the ceremony!" - Nicole Bandes

"I wish I had spent money to have food catered instead of having friends and family help so that I could have enjoyed my time with them more." - Jessica Sellers

"I think I went nuts with the flowers, honestly, who remembers what arrangements were on the tables?" - Angela Sulla, Pennsylvania

"Nothing. I did a totally low budget wedding because I think so much of the wedding stuff is a huge marketing scam, including the diamond advertisements. Actually, I wish I had been more generous and spent more money on booze. I like travel and food - it's always been my thing to go low budget on cars, home decor and the like so I can eat and travel well." - Ann Zuccardy, NYC

Good thoughts from brides who have been there! Thanks for the input, ladies. Everyone else, feel free to add your remarks in the comments section of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment