Thursday, May 5, 2016

NJ Punk Rock Wedding Ideas

I attended a punk-rock wedding sometime in the late 90s. Actually, it was a punk rock vegan wedding. The reception was held at a park in Kinnelon, NJ. I remember walking up alone (I had agreed to meet my date there, the whole thing was very casual). I almost ended up at the wrong pavilion, partying with some old codgers at a 50th anniversary celebration instead.

The punk rock bride wore a short white dress. I forget what the groom's attire was (go figure) but I'm sure it was something involving combat boots or Converse hi-tops. Pretty sure they played lots of music from the Pixies and the Cramps. Dinner included vegan Setan Marsala and tortellini with asparagus and dairy-free cream sauce. Yes, of course I would remember the food.

After the meal was served and eaten, guests changed into shorts and tee shirts, and played field-day type games on the grass. It was a fun, laid-back, different kind of wedding.

Here are a few inspiring punk rock wedding pics from around the web!

A bad-ass way to advertise that you are "officially off the market!" Found on Pinterest.



Punk rock bride and groom, stickin' it to the man! But wait, what finger is that!? Pic courtesy of PleaseKillMe.com

Saucy, tattooed rebel on her wedding day. Images found on Burnettsboards.com

This is how punk rockers express their wedding-day gratitude! Pic from Offbeatbride.com


No comments:

Post a Comment