Monday, October 27, 2014

Fun and Romantic Songs for Your Wedding Reception

Here's a list that I wrote up for our band/DJ to consider for our wedding reception. I tried to select songs that had special meaning for close relatives and for us; songs that people typically enjoy dancing to; songs that would appeal to guests of different ages; and of course, songs that we just simply liked. I avoided most modern music because I personally think it's awful.


Maybe you'll like some of these for your NJ wedding, too!



Romantic Songs:

The Righteous Brothers – Unchained Melody

At Last - Etta James

Summer Wind – Frank Sinatra

You Belong to Me – The Duprees

The Ten Commandments of Love

Can't Help Falling in Love – Elvis

Percy Sledge – When a Man Loves a Woman

I Only Have Eyes for You – The Flamingoes

Santo and Johnny – Sleepwalk

Crazy – Patsy Cline

Ray Charles – Georgia On My Mind



For Dancing:

Rebel Rouser – Duane Eddy

The Twist – Chubby Checker

Let's Twist Again – Chubby Checker

Little Bitty Pretty One – Thurston Harris

Gene Chandler – Duke of Earl


Johnny B. Good – Chuck Berry

In the Mood – Glen Miller Band

Tutti Fruiti – Little Richard

Lucille – Little Richard

Great Balls of Fire -  Jerry Lee Lewis

Dancing in the Moonlight – King Harvest

Sugarpie Honeybunch – The 4 Tops

"We Are Family" - Sister Sledge (1979)

"Stayin' Alive" - Bee Gees

White Lines - Grandmaster Flash

I Feel Love - Donna Summer

Heat Wave – Martha and the Vandellas

Sam and Dave – Hold On, I'm Coming

"Shout" - The Isley Brothers (1959)

"Jump (For My Love)" - Pointer Sisters (1984)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqoXr9pum8

Michael Jackson Billie Jean


I Feel For You – Chaka Khan

Carl Carlton – Bad Mama Jama

Get Right Back to Where We Started From – Maxine Nightingale

Love Will Keep Us Together – Captain and Tenille

"Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" - Rod Stewart (1979)

Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man

Barry White – Love's Theme

So Many Men So Little Time – Miquel Brown

Catch Me I'm Falling – Pretty Poison

Come On Eileen – Dexy's Midnight Runners

Ring My Bell – Anita Ward

Knock on Wood – Ami Stewart

Duran Duran – Hungry Like the Wolf

You Spin Me Round – Dead or Alive

Hey Ladies – Beastie Boys

Tricky – Run DMC

Baby Got Back – Sir Mix A Lot

The Humpty Dance – Digital Underground

Salt and Pepa – Let's Talk About Sex

Bust a Move – Young MC

Don't Leave Me This Way – Thelma Houston

Gonna Make You Sweat – C&C Music Factory

Groove is in the Heart – Dee Lite

Jump Around – House of Pain

Shaggy – O Carolina

PM Dawn: Set Adrift on Memory Bliss

50 Cent In Da Club

Eminem – Without Me

Pussycat Dolls – When I Grow Up

Pussycat Dolls – Buttons

Fergie – London Bridge

Crazy in Love – Beyonce

Kanye West – Gold Digger

Rihanna - Please Don't Stop the Music

Hypnotize – Biggie Smalls

Cypress Hill – Insane in the Membrane
DJ Kool – Let Me Clear My Throat



No comments:

Post a Comment