Thursday, August 7, 2014

Where to Find a Cheap Wedding Veil




When I bought my (first) wedding dress, the lady at the store asked if I wanted to throw in a beautiful, matching veil. I forget exactly what the price point was, but I want to say it was almost a hundred dollars?? I opted to not let my impulses get the best of me... there were probably a ton of places to get a perfectly nice, low-budget veil that would be the right color and have the right embellishments to go with the vintage look that I wanted.

After doing some price comparisons on veils both online and in stores like David's Bridal, I finally found a perfectly nice and simple veil on Etsy.com. A woman on there was making veils and charging about $30. Seemed like the right choice for me.

Now, I didn't go for jeweled, embroidered or otherwise bedecked... but I did want my veil to have a finished appearance – so I made sure to get one that had a border already sewn on. If you would prefer a bit more detail to appear on your veil, there are still ways you can be frugal about it. You can:

  • Shop for the tulle and have your handy mother or mother-in-law sew the border and jewels on, as well as secure the comb in place
  • Purchase the veil already made, and buy the embellishments separately, and have someone handy add them on
  • Purchase a used veil online (see our list of secondhandbridal websites)
  • Try a few thrift stores (I've even seen wedding dresses at the Goodwill!)


Moral of the veil story: it pays to shop around!

No comments:

Post a Comment